Prior to the subdivision of a parcel of land in Vermont, check with the following agencies to determine permit requirements:

Agency of Natural Resources -- Wastewater System and Potable Water Supply Permit

The Vermont Agency of Natural Resources regulates the construction or modification of potable water supplies and wastewater treatment and disposal systems in the state to prevent health hazards, unsanitary conditions, and groundwater or surface water pollution and provide a safe water supply.

Natural Resources Board -- Act 250 Land Use Permit

An Act 250 Permit may be required for subdividing a parcel of land into lots. Generally the threshold is the subdivision of 10 or more lots within a five year period. To find out whether you need an Act 250 permit for a subdivision of land, contact the District Environmental Coordinator for your area.